Friday, January 6, 2012

The 30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 7

The30DayBlogChallenge
Welcome to Day 7 of The 30 Day Blog Challenge hosted by me, C.C., here at I'm On My Way and my online BFF Jamee at A New Kind of Normal. Today's assignment is to post a blog post about your dream wedding. Make sure you grab the 30 Day Blog Challenge button (use the code that's in the box below) to post in your blog post and once you publish your blog post, enter your link below so we can look at each other's posts.

Russ and I got married 14 years ago on September 20, 1997. I was 19 years old and Russ was 23 years old. We got married while we were both in college, yes, in the midst of the fall semester. We were on a tight budget but I think we had a very nice wedding.

Here's some pictures (sorry they have some graininess to them, these are old scans):

Russ and I


Our entire wedding party


During the ceremony (I sang a song to Russ)


At our reception

There are some things that went wrong that I would change: the sound guy who erased all the wedding music and came to tell me, THE BRIDE, just minutes before the ceremony; the bakery who forgot to deliver the cake; one of our ushers slicing his thumb open on the candle lighter; the wrong tuxedos being ordered; and Russ not getting even a taste of his groom's cake. Or maybe I wouldn't change them, it made the day memorable.

If I could do anything differently, I would probably want to have an outdoor wedding still in the fall, so that we would get to take advantage of the beautiful autumn colors. I'd still want lots of candles. I think I'd pick a more flowing dress if we were outdoors. I loved my dress, but it wouldn't be very functional outdoors. Ummm, not sure what else. Oh, I would want to incorporate gerbera daisies and fire and ice roses to the flowers instead of doing all white. And, I asked Russ if he would change anything and he said he would want to have communion during the ceremony which I think is an amazing idea!

The most important thing to me though now and then was marrying the love of my life. So while I can look at all these little details and say I would or would not do this, at the end of the day, I was married to Russ and how could I ask for more! Love you Bubba!

Grab the 30 Day Blog Challenge button!
The30DayBlogChallenge









Looking forward to seeing your posts!

3 comments:

  1. [...] Comments… ***Edited to Add*** I’ll be posting a link each day to the blog post with the linky for that day. That way if you join us late in the game, you’ll be able to find where we’re at. Day 1 Day 2 Day 3 Day 4 Day 5 Day 6 Day 7 [...]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...you were so beautiful! And more beautiful every day. I would like some of that cake though. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I ❤❤❤ to hear from my readers. Please leave a comment.