Thursday, January 19, 2012

The 30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 20

The30DayBlogChallenge
Welcome to Day 20 of The 30 Day Blog Challenge hosted by me, C.C., here at I'm On My Way and my online BFF Jamee at A New Kind of Normal. Today's assignment is to post a blog post about the meaning behind your blog name. Make sure you grab the 30 Day Blog Challenge button (use the code that's in the box below) to post in your blog post and once you publish your blog post, enter your link below so we can look at each other's posts.

OK, let's start with the name of our family website (which needs to be updated) which is at thealmons.com. I named it "The Almons in a Nutshell". In college, we had a professor that would call us the nut without the d. It kind of stuck and I use that phrase all the time when telling someone how to spell our last name. And since nuts come in shells, the website name was born. I blogged on our family website for some time starting with the day we found out I was pregnant with Damaris. Those blog posts were written as letters to "Dear Baby" and are now found on Damaris' Blog - The Wardrobe: It's Bigger On the Inside.

Then I had a blog on Xanga (anyone remember Xanga) and I think I called it C.C.'s Chattings or something silly like that. I also had another blog on Xanga for awhile about my knitting. I think I called it Crafting with C.C. or something.

I moved over to Wordpress back in early 2008. I called it LorelaiCC for quite some time. Lorelai is my favorite character from one of my favoritist TV shows, Gilmore Girls. And C.C. is my name, so put that together and you get LorelaiCC.

As I shifted some of my focus to posting (or trying to post) more about fibromyalgia and being gluten free, I wanted something a little more serious. I loved my tagline of: my journey as a Christ follower, wife, mamma, and fibromyalgia fighter. So, I Twitter DM'd my online BFF Jamee who's co-hosting this 30 day blog challenge with me to get her suggestions. Out of thin air, she instantly suggested I'm On My Way. I love that it fits with my tagline of being on a journey, you know, because if you're traveling somewhere, you say, "I'm on my way." So it just fit! And then my good friend Abby made me a new header, background, and blog button and I was all set.


So, I'm on my way. It's about the journey, not necessarily the destination!

Grab the 30 Day Blog Challenge button!
The30DayBlogChallenge









Looking forward to seeing your posts!

3 comments:

  1. [...] Comments… ***Edited to Add*** I’ll be posting a link each day to the blog post with the linky for that day. That way if you join us late in the game, you’ll be able to find where we’re at. Day 1 Day 2 Day 3 Day 4 Day 5 Day 6 Day 7 Day 8 Day 9 Day 10 Day 11 Day 12 Day 13 Day 14 Day 15 Day 16 Day 17 Day 18 Day 19 Day 20 [...]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing the stories of how blogs got started! I totally remember Xanga! It was the big thing when I was in college! Never had one but I remember some of my friends having them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My good friend Amanda got me started on Xanga and now she doesn't blog very much anymore (on her newer blog). Before that, I just did it more as a journal about Damaris on our family website.

    ReplyDelete

I ❤❤❤ to hear from my readers. Please leave a comment.