Friday, January 13, 2012

The 30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 14

The30DayBlogChallenge
Welcome to Day 14 of The 30 Day Blog Challenge hosted by me, C.C., here at I'm On My Way and my online BFF Jamee at A New Kind of Normal. Today's assignment is to post a blog post about a TV show you're currently addicted to. Make sure you grab the 30 Day Blog Challenge button (use the code that's in the box below) to post in your blog post and once you publish your blog post, enter your link below so we can look at each other's posts.

Anyone who knows me very well knows that I love TV. I get invested in the storylines, seeing what will happen next, talking (sometimes yelling) at the screen, and waiting not so patiently for what will happen next. Crime dramas and sci-fi shows tend to be my favorites but there have been exceptions to that over the years. Stargate: SG-1, Pushing Daisies, JAG, NCIS, NCIS: LA, Fringe, Warehouse 13, Eureka, Law and Order, Sanctuary, Person of Interest, Bones, Unforgettable, Stargate Atlantis, and I could go on and on.

However, there are 2 shows that are far and above my favorite favorites (is that possible????? Well, it's my blog so I'm making the rules and I say it's allowed to have favorite favorites!)

The first is LOST. If you've been a blog follower for awhile, you remember how often I blogged about LOST when it was originally airing. It was able to just drew me in from the get go. Our pastor in Houston wrote a book about the series just before the final season called The Gospel According to Lost. I think one of the things that just got me about this show was the theology and questions that it brought up. I had many an amazing conversation over coffee, lunch, dinner, small group, or just standing in the hallway at seminary about this show. I miss LOST! This video is a look at the entire series - simply amazing!


The second show is Gilmore Girls. I was a later convert to this show. My dear friend Amanda introduced me to it probably in mid 3rd season. She told me I would love it and she was oh so right! Russ agrees that I talk as fast as Lorelai and Rory, the mother and daughter duo the show centers around. And their love for coffee, another thing we share! Gilmore Girls still makes me laugh and cry. I never tire of watching it. I really hate that there are no new episodes! I did stumble upon a website called Virtual Gilmore Girls that wrote 3 more seasons of scripts after the show went off the air which has helped bring closure to the show not ending as the creator had originally intended. I love Gilmore Girls! This video is a look at Lorelai and Rory through the years.


This video is just a funny one of references to coffee in the first 5 seasons. My absolute favorite is at 1:20 when Lorelai tells Luke, "I can't stop drinking the coffee. I stop drinking coffee, I stop doing the standing and walking and the words putting-into-sentence doing!" That's totally me! LOL! :)


Grab the 30 Day Blog Challenge button!
The30DayBlogChallenge









Looking forward to seeing your posts!

1 comment:

  1. [...] Comments… ***Edited to Add*** I’ll be posting a link each day to the blog post with the linky for that day. That way if you join us late in the game, you’ll be able to find where we’re at. Day 1 Day 2 Day 3 Day 4 Day 5 Day 6 Day 7 Day 8 Day 9 Day 10 Day 11 Day 12 Day 13 Day 14 [...]

    ReplyDelete

I ❤❤❤ to hear from my readers. Please leave a comment.