Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The 30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 19

The30DayBlogChallenge
Welcome to Day 19 of The 30 Day Blog Challenge hosted by me, C.C., here at I'm On My Way and my online BFF Jamee at A New Kind of Normal. Today's assignment is to post a blog post of another photo of yourself. Make sure you grab the 30 Day Blog Challenge button (use the code that's in the box below) to post in your blog post and once you publish your blog post, enter your link below so we can look at each other's posts.

I was trying to find a picture to post that yall probably haven't seen yet. As I looked, I found two very similar pictures twice over. So I thought I'd share these with yall.

The first is a picture of my Uncle Greg and me as a baby. The other picture in this collage is Damaris and her Great Uncle Greg. Greg had Down's Syndrome and beat the odds many times to live a very long and full life. He passed away in January, 2006. Since Damaris and I were born 22 years and 9 days apart, she and I are both almost the exact same age in these pictures taken 22 years apart.


The second is a four generations picture collage. The picture on the left is of my dad Gary, my Grandma Helen, my great grandma Opal (I love her name & opal is also Damaris and my birthstone), and me as a baby. The picture on the right is of great grandpa Jim, great grandma Helen, G-Pa Gary, me - Mamma C.C., and Damaris. My great grandma Opal lived almost to her 96th birthday (she passed away during the summer after my first year of college). My grandmother lived to be 84 before she passed in 2002 and my grandfather lived to be 90 before he passed in 2009.


Grab the 30 Day Blog Challenge button!
The30DayBlogChallenge









Looking forward to seeing your posts!

2 comments:

  1. Love all the family memories! Thankfully I was lucky enough to grow up knowing two of my great-grandparents but the last one passed away earlier this year. Abby still has give great-grandparents that hopefully she will get to enjoy for years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew 2 of my great-grandmothers. Damaris knew 1 great-grandmother and 1 great-grandfather. They've all passed now.

    ReplyDelete

I ❤❤❤ to hear from my readers. Please leave a comment.