Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Theme Song


Today is day 11 of the WEGO Health ~ The Health Activist Writer's Month Challenge 2012. I will be writing a post everyday this month and each will in some way focus on what life is like with fibromyalgia (as well as other health issues including migraines, hypothyroidism, and polycystic ovarian syndrome).

We all have one, even if we don’t realize it. It’s the song that comes up on your playlist while you’re walking down the street that makes you smile, a song that perfectly captures the essence of the day/week/month/year that you’re having. Or maybe it’s the song you put on when you’re angry or sad, the one you belt in the car by yourself after a rough day, or the one that helps you calm your nerves. So what’s your health focus/blog’s theme song?


I instantly knew the answer to this prompt/question the moment I saw it on the list for the challenge this month. My BBF (Best Blogging Friend) Shari from Rain Into Rainbows posted this video/song on my Facebook wall a while back and said it made her think of me. Tears!!! Lots of tears!!!! I fell in love with the song from the first listen.

Here are the lyrics to this beautiful song: Walk On by Kellie Coffey

It came out of nowhere, dropped like a stone
Careless betrayal, I could not believe it
I feel abandoned, where did it all go wrong?
Truth hit my blind-spot, I could not see it

         I cry out to heaven to get me through hell
         In the meantime I just keep tellin' myself

                 Walk On, Walk On
                 Don't let this sad set-back break me
                 Walk On, Walk On
                 See where this detour will take me
                 Well I've been beaten down on the ground
                 But I'll pick myself up and dust-off
                 and Walk On

Sun sets behind me and all that's ahead
Is a long stretch of road
God knows where it's going
Cryin' comes easy, out here in the dark
'cause the hardest part is the fear of not knowin'

         I ain't got nothin' left that I could lose
         The only thing that I know I can do

                 Walk On, Walk On
                 Don't let this sad set-back break me
                 Walk On, Walk On
                 See where this detour will take me
                 Well I've been beaten down on the ground
                 But I'll pick myself up and dust-off
                 and Walk On

I don't always do the best at remembering to pick myself up and walk on, but I try and this song and my amazing friend Shari inspire me to keep trying!


Lyrics Copyright 2007 Kellie Coffey

1 comment:

I ❤❤❤ to hear from my readers. Please leave a comment.