Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Pinterest Project #2 - Yarn Bombed Cane

This project came about at knit night at our local yarn store with the suggestion that I yarn bomb my cane. I don't know why I hadn't thought of it before. I looked on Pinterest and Ravelry for some inspiration. Here's what I pinned on my Knitting board.


I thought I'd check on Ravelry to see if any had done this before and low and behold, someone had!

I didn't have the size circular needles the pattern used (size 13) so I used size 11 instead. I cast on 120 stitches instead of the 90ish called for and knit one extra row before binding off. This made up for the smaller needle size. Then I used a crochet hook and yarn to "stitch" the edges together with right sides together. Turned the long sleeve right side out and fed it over the cane.

Here's my final project.



It's hard to tell in these pics but the yarn is actually a pink camo pattern.


So what do you think? Have you ever done any yarn bombing?

This was such a fun project and took very little time (I had it all done in about an hour and a half).

2 comments:

  1. I can see that I'm going to have to add my cane to your ever-growing (and as yet unmailed) package! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or I could just mail you a sleeve. That would be much cheaper than mailing a cane. :)

    ReplyDelete

I ❤❤❤ to hear from my readers. Please leave a comment.