Thursday, April 19, 2012

5 Dinner Guests


Today is day 19 of the WEGO Health ~ The Health Activist Writer's Month Challenge 2012. I will be writing a post everyday this month and each will in some way focus on what life is like with fibromyalgia (as well as other health issues including migraines, hypothyroidism, and polycystic ovarian syndrome).

Hosting a dinner party is an intimate affair. Besides the careful selection of ingredients and courses, there’s who to invite. A seemingly simple task, in fact there are many elements to consider. Political and religious views, strong vegan/vegetarian views vs. food-chain eaters, quiet vs. loud personalities. Finding the right combination requires careful thought and planning. So what if you could invite ANYONE, living or deceased, and you knew they would show up… What five people would you want to have dinner with if you could? They can be living or deceased, famous politician or your best friend. They could be an expert in your condition or not know the first thing about health or wellness. What 5 people would you want at your dinner, and why? What would the topics of conversation be?


What a fun prompt for today! I immediately knew who 3 of my 5 guests would be and within another minute or so, I added my other 2 guests. The reason I chose the guests I did is because they are all women I adore and look up to. Their writings inspire me. All of the guests (and me) have gone through some difficult times (we're all still dealing with them in truth) and I know we would all be blessed by sharing our stories and journeys with each other. I can only imagine what the conversation would be like around the table. I know for sure that there would be lots of laughter, probably some tears, and that this dinner party would go late into the night!

In no particular order, the guests at my dinner party would be:
Jamee from A New Kind of Normal (she is one of my amazing BBF's ~ best blogging friends ~ who I would love to see finally! face to face!!!!!)

Shari from Rain Into Rainbows (she is my other amazing BBF ~ best blogging friend ~ who I also am dying to see finally! face to face!!!!!)

Ann from A Holy Experience (her book One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are has been life changing for me)

Shauna from shaunaniequist.com (I've heard her speak and had a chance to briefly talk with her about our shared miscarriage experiences. Her books Cold Tangerines: Celebrating the Extraordinary Nature of Everyday Life and Bittersweet: Thoughts on Change, Grace, and Learning the Hard Way are simply amazing! I cannot wait to read her new book Bread and Wine.)

Angie from Bring the Rain (Reading her story of grief and how she is living with it has played a big part in my own grief journey. Her books What Women Fear: Walking in Faith that Transforms and I Will Carry You: The Sacred Dance of Grief and Joy are in my stack of books to read. So many amazing books, so little time!)

What about you? Who would you invite to your dinner party?

4 comments:

  1. Aww, you're so sweet!

    The good news is that we WILL meet IRL! We're gonna figure this thing out & make it happen! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait to go check out their blogs:)
    Thanks for sharing them with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes we will! Think we could get the other 4 in on it? LOL! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome Jennifer! I know you'll love their writings as much as I do!

    ReplyDelete

I ❤❤❤ to hear from my readers. Please leave a comment.