Saturday, April 21, 2012

pink yarn's pink yarn


Today is day 21 of the WEGO Health ~ The Health Activist Writer's Month Challenge 2012. I will be writing a post everyday this month and each will in some way focus on what life is like with fibromyalgia (as well as other health issues including migraines, hypothyroidism, and polycystic ovarian syndrome).

Health Madlib Poem. Fun with parts of speech! Today’s prompt is inspired by the classic game – and poetry – put together. A website I love to visit for writing prompts (when I want to push myself to be creative) is Language is a Virus. They have a few fun tools – one of which is a poem generator: http://languageisavirus.com/cgi-bin/madlibs.pl. You enter any words you want and they automatically fill the words into a classic poem.


OK, this is crazy yall! Damaris helped me think of words to put into my mad lib that described a day in my life. Here's what happened (with a few grammatical edits):


pink yarn's pink yarn


I walk my tv and all the fans drink bed;
I journal my recliners and all is planned again.
(I slump as I wait for you inside my TENS unit.)

The books are waking out in snarky and weary,
And the tired purse yawns in:
I mull my cane and all the knitting needles sleep water bottle.

I lied that you sat me into Diet Coke
And recline me zonked, knitted me quite forgetful.
(I slump as I wait for you inside my TENS unit.)

Medicine reads from the water, Damaris & Russ type:
watch pillow and Kindle Fire's computer:
I mull my cane and all the knitting needles sleep water bottle.

I worked you'd eat the way you write,
But I blog jumbled and I chat your cell phone.
(I slump as I wait for you inside my TENS unit.)

I should have thinked a Roku instead;
At least when Netflix stretches they organize back again.
I mull my cane and all the knitting needles sleep water bottle.

(I slump as I wait for you inside my TENS unit.)
- C.C. & Damaris ~ based on Mad Girl's Love Song by Sylvia Plath


OK, did you laugh and cry as much as we did????? The funny thing, a lot of it actually made sense to my brain because my brain is so messed up so much of the time. This was hysterical!

Your turn to write your own mad lib. Make sure & let me know that you posted one so I can read it & laugh with you!


Image Credit

4 comments:

  1. So what does it say about me that I actually was nodding along, because I totally "get" you answering like that? :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That we are much too much alike???? LOL! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. [...] my mom did a post like this for the Health Activist Writer’s Month Challenge. It was so funny that I decided to do one [...]

    ReplyDelete

I ❤❤❤ to hear from my readers. Please leave a comment.