Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Let's Chat

#BetterWriter

31 Days to Become a Better Writer - Day 21


Today's Challenge:
Write a post that incorporates a conversation into it.


Borg knitting?

Still trying to spur my imagination to come up with a topic for today's post, I looked over my shoulder into the back seat. "Did you read the assignment for today Damaris?"

"Yep, but I'm not sure what I'm going to write about." The wheels were turning in her brain. You could see it in her eyes.

"Me neither."

"What are yall writing about?" curiously Russ entered the conversation.

"Well, you know that better writer thing we've been doing. The topic for today is a conversation." Damaris informed her Daddy.

"Oh..."

Silence permeated the air as the minutes passed.

Out of left field, a question is lobbed into the air. "Why are the Borg called the Borg?"

I giggle realizing yet again that we are raising a sci-fi nerd.

"If they're so bored, maybe they should get a hobby." Russ stirs the pot.

"I know. They can knit." Damaris was definitely influenced by the fact that we had just left knit night.

"I've got it!" I explode! "Resistance is futile, as soon as I finish this row." "Wait! How about this? You will be assimilated, as soon as I finish frogging this."

"Mamma! Daddy! They're not bored! They're Borg!" Damaris tries to clarify.

"Well if they had a hobby they wouldn't be so bored." Russ pushes a little more.

"But wouldn't it be funny if they did knit, because since they are the collective, they'd all knit at the same time." As much as she tries to resist, Damaris must join the fun!

"They'd get lots of projects finished really fast, that's for sure. I know what I'm going to blog about now." I tease.

"Not if I get to my computer first." The race is on in Damaris' eyes!

P.S. She beat me!



Image Credit

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ❤❤❤ to hear from my readers. Please leave a comment.