Monday, April 9, 2012

Humans Are Better Than Spell Check

#BetterWriter

31 Days to Become a Better Writer - Day 25


Today's Challenge:
Write an excerpt about what you did this weekend. Then try to look at it from a different angle and write another excerpt about a specific part of the weekend and why it sticks out to you. For example: I went to the store. I took the kids to their dad’s house. I went to a friend’s for Easter. Obviously yours will be much more interesting than my example. For the second part we are going to focus in on how my friend and I found that we both harbor a love for mashed potatoes and butter, both together and separate. Have fun! I can’t wait to see what you come up with!


Doodle-A-Day 136/365 - Spell Cheque

Part 1 - On Saturday, I slept late. In the afternoon, I watched a movie with Damaris. That evening, Damaris and I listened to the thunderstorm while we waited to Skype with my family for my dad's birthday.

Pretty boring, right? Let's try Part 2 -
It had been a pretty quiet day at home. I slept late after a week full of exhaustion. Russ had to work all afternoon & evening, so it was just Damaris and I at home. A movie, knitting, some email, all in all, not a bad day. Far away from family, we awaited the distinct ringing that would tell us that our video call was coming through. It was my dad's 60th birthday. My parents, sister, brother-in-law, niece, and nephew had been together most of the day. Dying Easter eggs, watching tv, playing with the kids, making dinner (tacos - yummy!!!!!), opening gifts, and eating ice cream cake. And now, we just awaited the call. However, I wasn't sure that Mother Nature was intent on letting that call through. The lightning illuminated the sky, the wind howled through the trees, the thunder pounded shaking the house with it's power, the rain coming down in sheets. I was just positive that the power was going to go out. All Damaris and I could do was wait (with flashlights at hand and after calling Russ to tell him once again [after 13 years of marriage, he probably knows, but just in case!] that I hate storms and wish he was home with us.
We waited
and waited
and waited
and waited
and
finally the call came through. Wahoo!!!!!!! We spent 30+ minutes talking and laughing with everyone. A great ending to the day!
P.S. The power never did go out. :D


Image Credit

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ❤❤❤ to hear from my readers. Please leave a comment.