Saturday, April 14, 2012

10 Things I Can't Live Without


Today is day 14 of the WEGO Health ~ The Health Activist Writer's Month Challenge 2012. I will be writing a post everyday this month and each will in some way focus on what life is like with fibromyalgia (as well as other health issues including migraines, hypothyroidism, and polycystic ovarian syndrome).

Write a list of the 10 things you need (or love) most.

First, apologies for not posting the last couple of days. I'm struggling with my health as well as my depression and I'm not doing very well. Only allowed 2 days off though for the HAWMC, so I'm back today with a post.

Second, obvious things for my list are my family and my faith, so I'm going to assume those as a given and list 10 other things.

1. My TENS Unit - this isn't the exact one I have, but a very similar model. It takes the edge off my pain, so I keep it with me wherever I go. It has it's own pink and white bag in my purse.

2. Pillows - I have a pink body pillow, a pink heart floor pillow (about 3 times the size of this one), and some smaller pillows.

3. Reading pillow/book prop - this is perfect for holding a book or my Kindle in bed so that I can lay down and still read.

4. Kindle Fire - I'm able to check email, Facebook, Twitter, etc. as well as read or play games but it's so much more lightweight than my laptop

5. TOMS Shoes - very comfortable, easy to slip on, and yet they provide great support. I wear my TOMS 95% of the time that I have shoes on (I prefer to be barefoot!).

6. Knitting - I taught myself back in 2005 using this kit. It is such a peaceful, calming activity for me.

7. My water bottle - I drink lots of water everyday and I love my insulated water bottle with a straw.

8. Arnica Gel - this provides some pain relief when used on my back, arms, hips, shoulders, etc.

9. Roku - I watch lots of movies and tv shows through Netflix Streaming using our Roku player to distract myself.

10. My blog/Twitter/email friends like Shari and Jamee who support and encourage me while they also live with chronic illnesses.

What would be on your 10 things I can't live without list?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ❤❤❤ to hear from my readers. Please leave a comment.