Friday, April 20, 2012

Health Questions


Today is day 20 of the WEGO Health ~ The Health Activist Writer's Month Challenge 2012. I will be writing a post everyday this month and each will in some way focus on what life is like with fibromyalgia (as well as other health issues including migraines, hypothyroidism, and polycystic ovarian syndrome).

Write a poem (5-15 lines) where every line is a health question.


"You don't look sick. You must be over your illness. Are you?"

"Why do you need a cane?"

"Isn't fibromyalgia just all in your head?"

"Have you tried 'this'? It cured my sister's friend's 3rd cousin so if you would just do it, you'd be better."

"Do you think I have fibromyalgia too? Because every once in a while I get a pain in my back or I get really tired."

"Since you aren't working, could you watch the kids for me/run an errand for me/etc.?"

"Why don't you come to the gym with me? Because if you'd just exercise, you'd get better."

"Aren't you done being sick yet?"

"Don't you know that if you just had more faith, you wouldn't be sick anymore?"

Yes, I or other people I know with fibromyalgia have actually been asked these questions. Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ❤❤❤ to hear from my readers. Please leave a comment.