Thursday, January 22, 2009

LOST - Destiny Calls, 5X01, & 5X02



So here we go! The day we've been waiting for for what seems like forever!!!! LOST has begun! Last night, I was glued to the tv for the three hour premiere event. There are numerous sites that do recaps so I'm not going to do that, but I am going to share my thoughts on what happened.

*****SPOILER ALERT - IF YOU HAVE NOT WATCHED 5X01 & 5X02, DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE SPOILED!*****



First up, Destiny Calls. A very well put together recap show. I really liked how they dealt with all the key characters individually. It was so well done that someone who not seen a single episode of the first 4 seasons could have watched the recap show and be caught up enough to start right in on Season 5.



Season 5, Episode 1 - Because You Left
*The baby at the beginning of the episode - I think it might be Charlotte. However, have heard some others think it's Miles.
*Charlotte's nose bleed - another reason I think she's the baby. She's been on the island before and thus the time shifting is affecting her.
*The Arrow Station, that's a new one.
*Faraday in the Orchid - I kind of thought he might have been on the island before.
*About Faraday's theory of not being able to change the past, I think he's lying. I think he's trying to protect himself & Charlotte and if someone changes something in the past or future, I think he thinks it will affect him and Charlotte.
*Donkey wheel seen through the scan - so the Dharma Initiative did not put it there! So who did????
*Desmond being sent after Faraday's mom - why? And see my notes on the 5X02 for more about this.
*Who are the guys (Army? Military? What country?) shooting at Locke?
*Richard still throws me for a loop! Can't figure out the not aging thing!
*Yay for Ben flushing Jack's pills.
*Richard's compass he gives to Locke is pointing the wrong way.
*Who the heck ordered the blood test to determine if Aaron belongs to Kate? Is it something Ben did to try to get her to go back to the island?



Season 5, Episode 2 - The Lie
*Holy crap! What's with Ana Lucia showing up??? And her line to Hurley about Libby says hi. OMG!
*What exactly were in those poison darts that Sayid got shot with?
*I can't believe Hurley told his mom about the lie. And she actually believed him. Something must be said about a mother's love!
*And then Hurley turns himself over to the police when Ben shows up! What was Hurley thinking?????
*And who was shooting the flame arrows at those left on the island? Thank goodness that insane guy got killed though. He was driving me nuts & I couldn't deal with him being on the show all season.
*When Ben goes to the butcher shop, I think the number on the ticket he pulls is going to be the flight that gets everyone back on the island.
*A bit confused about why they kept showing the "three years ago" screen. They've never done that before to my recollection when they do flash backs.
*I think Ms. Hawking (the lady from the jewelry store when Desmond tried to buy Penny a ring) is actually Faraday's mother.
*How is she able to determine the temporary location? Does she know something the Whitmore doesn't?



Oh, and a series theory, I read somewhere this morning that there is a rumor that the final scene of the series has already been shot with Jack and young Walt. I think that might fit in with the comic book that Walt had in season 1.

There's my thoughts for what it's worth. Tune in next week for my thought on 5X03 Jughead.

2 comments:

  1. Have we ever seen the butcher chick before? She looked familiar for some reason, but I'm not sure if I've seen her on here before or on another show. rofl.

    And I so agree with you on all the other points. I think however that the baby might have been Miles. Or he's at least been there before because he seemed to know exactly where to find that dead boar and I don't think it was just his psychic ability.

    I think Ben is behind the blood test because he knew that it would make Kate want to run. But I'm not sure her and Sun are going to want to play nice with the boys since they're teamed up with Ben (all except Hurley).

    As usual, I'm just left with more questions than answers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. she did look familiar but I'm not sure where from

    ReplyDelete

I ❤❤❤ to hear from my readers. Please leave a comment.