Thursday, January 29, 2009

LOST - 5x03



Time for my thoughts on this week's episode. There are numerous sites that do recaps so I'm not going to do that, but I am going to share my thoughts on what happened.

*****SPOILER ALERT - IF YOU HAVE NOT WATCHED 5X03, DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE SPOILED!*****



Season 5, Episode 3 - Jughead
~The beginning totally freaked me out because I thought Penny was going to die giving birth. Recall that this is what happened to Ben's mom when she gave birth to him.
~Love, love, love that Penny & Desmond named their baby Charlie. I'm choosing to believe that they named him after Charlie from the Island and not after Charles Widmore.
~Not quite sure why there is no record of Daniel Faraday being at Oxford. That was a bit strange.
~Seeing the picture of Daniel & the woman that Desmond finds on the floor of the lab brings me to my biggest theory for this week. I believe that Daniel is Charlotte's father and that the woman from the picture is Charlotte's mother.
~The woman from the picture is Teresa Spencer. Has she been on the island? Seems that she might have been with the symptoms she's having.
~Teresa's sister, the white haired girl (not Mrs. Hawkings), looks remarkably like the woman from the butcher shop.
~We knew that Charles Widmore had hired Daniel Faraday to come on the freighter to the Island. However, it was shocking to me to find out that Widmore had funded his research for 10 years prior.
~My other big theory for the week is about Ellie, the young woman who along with a group of Others, capture Daniel, Charlotte, & Miles. I think that Ellie is actually Danielle, the French woman. I know others are saying that Ellie is Mrs. Eloise Hawkings, but I'm not sure I agree with that assessment.
~When Ellie says to Daniel, why have you come back? What are you doing here?, is she addressing Daniel specifically or simply saying this because she thinks he's part of the military.
~I'm leaning more towards Ellie knowing Daniel specifically, particularly when they go to see Jughead and she tells him she doesn't trust him, that she knew she couldn't trust him.
~Speaking of Jughead, there is a theory going around that Jughead was buried and surrounded by thick walls of concrete. See where I'm going? The button that Desmond was pushing every 108 minutes was to keep Jughead from exploding.
~I don't buy Daniel's statement that he is in love with Charlotte. He just doesn't seem to have that passionate type love for her that you would expect. Instead, I see it more as a fatherly love. Who knows?
~Really confused about the whole Others speaking Latin thing.
~Holy crap moment of the night - when we find out that Charles Widmore is on the island!!!!!!!!
~OK, the whole exchange between John & Richard - Richard does end up checking out John's story as we see him at the hospital when John is born. And in speaking with a fellow LOST lover earlier today, he suggested that when Richard comes to see John when John is about 6 years old, Richard becomes frustrated when John picks the knife as his, but that would make sense from what we know about John. He wouldn't pick Richard's compass because the compass belongs to Richard & John is simply returning it to him.



There's my thoughts for what it's worth. Tune in next week for my thought on 5X04 The Little Prince.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ❤❤❤ to hear from my readers. Please leave a comment.