Sharing Our Spoons is a weekly link-up for those of us with chronic illnesses where we support and encourage each other in a holistic way by focusing on five goals each week. The five goal areas are: Physical, Mental/Emotional, Spiritual, Something fun, and BONUS: One thing to get you out of your comfort zone each week. We'll be linking up on Tuesdays. We'd love to have you join us.
My Goals From Week 2:
1. Physical: Continue to work on reincreasing my water intake. At least 20 ounces more than my norm every day is my goal.
Did great with this every day this week. Yay me!
2. Mental/Emotional: Knit at least one NICU hat, one chemo cap, and one little hat to donate this week plus complete the square I'm working on plus another square for the afghan I'm knitting as a sample for the yarn shop. Knitting is calming and relaxing for me and I'm feeling very empowered and proud of my work after being asked to knit a sample for the shop.
Had to modify this one a bit after going to knit night last Tuesday night. Found out that we have a deadline of the end of the month to finish the little hats we're making for the Seuss Festival next month. So I've been madly knitting away on those. Making great progress though. I finished 7 of them and have another one of my needles.
3. Spiritual: Start reading/journaling You're Already Amazing: Embracing Who You Are, Becoming All God Created You to Be - at least 2 chapters this week.
Read and journaled the first 3 chapters of You're Already Amazing: Embracing Who You Are, Becoming All God Created You to Be. Success!
4. Something fun: Go on a date with Russ - even if it's just to get coffee.
We went on a coffee date on Saturday after my disability doctor's appointment. Great to spend some time alone with him. Then he took me to Target to pick up a couple of tank tops to wear under shirts (side note - why are so many shirts so thin nowadays????). I can't do the store alone so it was great to have his help.
5. BONUS: One thing to get you out of your comfort zone a week: Actually write an article for possible publication as a guest post.
Got the article written. Russ is going to help me edit it before I submit it.
My Week 3 Goals:
1. Physical: Begin decreasing the amount of cokes I drink with the plans of eventually being off of them (again!).
2. Mental/Emotional: Knit at least 7 more little hats (or as many as I can make with the yarn I have left).
3. Spiritual: Continue reading/journaling You're Already Amazing: Embracing Who You Are, Becoming All God Created You to Be - at least 2 chapters this week.
4. Something fun: Lunch date with former seminary classmate/friend.
5. BONUS: One thing to get you out of your comfort zone a week: Edit article and submit it for possible publication as a guest post.
Your turn! Come link up with us as we Share Our Spoons.