Friday, May 25, 2012

Opportunity



Linking up today with Five Minute Friday where you write for 5 minutes about the word for today and then publish without editing or perfecting.

Today's word:
OPPORTUNITY

Start

There's a saying about opportunity knocking or something like that. I know I've heard it before.

As things in my life have changed so much in the last year, I've really thought a lot about opportunity. Primarily the thoughts have been about if there is something for me to do when I'm so ill and pained and fatigued so much of the time.

I have had a yucky mindset that there just isn't anything I can do. You know that feeling when the depression just gets you down and you can't seem to claw your way out.

The writing I've done over the last few months has started to change that thinking though.

I recently wrote a post that I'm submitting as a potential guest post on a site I frequent. Is this a new opportunity for me, to seek the community that I desire so much even though I'm confined in the 4 walls of this house so often?

Are there other opportunities for me? Could my peaceful, calming, relaxing hobby of knitting open a door for a way to help my family even though I can't work a typical job. I'm not sure. I'm beginning to dream again though.

Although I miss the ministry work of being a hospital chaplain, I'm beginning to think about ways to use those skills and my heart in a different setting.

What will the final product look like? I'm not sure! But I don't want to stop dreaming. I don't want to stay stuck in that deep dark hole.

Opportunity? Are you knocking? I'm trying to open the door. Don't give up on me! Keep knocking because I'll eventually open that door all the way and I can't wait to see what's waiting outside for me.

Stop

Pink door

What about you? What do you have to say about opportunity in 5 minutes? If you link up, let me know. I'd love to read your post.


Image Credit

2 comments:

  1. I love my life with you and our journey together. I look forward to venturing, and embracing opportunities, and dreaming together.

    ReplyDelete

I ❤❤❤ to hear from my readers. Please leave a comment.