Sunday, May 24, 2009

Bullet Point Sunday

Spent the week continuing to prepare for our move, went to Lubbock Monday & Tuesday and found a great 2 bedroom, 2 bath apartment just 2 miles from the hospital I'll be doing my chaplaincy residency at, came back home & sorted through more stuff, had to call Goodwill for another pickup, need to get some furniture pieces listed on CraigsList & continue to purge some more stuff

Some frustration this week has occurred with Russ' job at Walmart. They are trying to force all employees into being available to work any time, any day. With people like us who are students, this doesn't work. There are 3 colleges & 2 junior colleges here in town & many of the students work for places like Walmart. In forcing employees to do this, they are cutting the work hours of those who aren't open availability. Russ' hours have been cut in half. We need to make it through the next 11 weeks until we move & we're very concerned about finances while we complete these weeks before we move to Lubbock. Please pray about this situation. It's affecting not only us but many of the employees at Walmart.

I was blessed to be able to preach for the first time outside of a seminary classroom today at church. I've been a nervous wreck all week about this. Those who know me, know that I'm very much of an extrovert, but get me up in front of a group to speak & I don't do too well. God gave me amazing words to say though as I spoke about my "addiction" to knitting & how God has knit each of us & how we need to knit ourselves into authentic relationships with people. God has made each of us unique & wonderful & we must understand that in order to be open to these relationships.

Russ & I head out for Waco tomorrow where he'll be presenting a paper at the National Association of Baptist Professors of Religion conference. We'll be home Wednesday & then a few more days to get stuff packed before school starts a week from tomorrow.

Have a blessed week yall! I appreciate each of you who are journeying along with me.

1 comment:

  1. How cool that you got to preach today!!! I'm glad it went well for you.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete

I ❤❤❤ to hear from my readers. Please leave a comment.