Thursday, December 22, 2011

Cooking With C.C. ~ Gluten Free Pumpkin Granola Chocolate BreakfastCookies

It's time for the 9th installment of Cooking with C.C. This is actually a recipe we originally made back in October. However, during the middle of baking, I had a horrific phone call about my health and had a major meltdown. Needless to say, we didn't get pictures taken of all the steps of the recipe. I finally got around to remaking the recipe and I think they turned out even better this time around. Let's get baking.


First, gather the ingredients (Kindle Fire is optional, but made it easy to have the recipe at hand without printing another piece of paper).


Chop 3 squares of Baker's Semi-sweet Chocolate into small pieces. Set aside.


Into a large bowl, combine 2 cups all-purpose gluten free flour,


1 teaspoon xanthan gum,


1 teaspoon baking soda,


1 teaspoon baking powder,


1/2 teaspoon salt,


1 teaspoon ground cinnamon,


1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice,


1/4 cup granulated sugar,


and 1/2 cup packed brown sugar.


Mix well.


Add chopped chocolate


and 1 3/4 cups gluten free rolled oats to bowl.


Mix well.


Mix in 1 tablespoon oil.


Mix in 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.


Mix in 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (at room temperature).


Mix in 2 beaten eggs.


Mix in 7 1/2 ounces (half of 15 ounce can) pure packed pumpkin.


Mix until dough is thick and stiff (but not as stiff as other cookie dough is).


Scoop dough into small balls (using a small melon baller is probably easiest) on baking sheets that are lined with foil and sprayed with baking spray. Put the baking sheets in the freezer for at least 10 minutes until dough is firm.


Preheat oven to 375*. Bake cookies for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly brown around the edges and solid to the touch.


Cool cookies on baking sheet for 5 minutes and then move to cooling rack to finish cooling.

As I said above, I think these cookies turned out better this time than last time. Last time we used chocolate chips. I think the chopped chocolate spread through the cookies better thus giving a more consistent taste. Russ didn't care for the cookies, but he doesn't like rolled oats. I think everyone else really enjoyed them. And they aren't overly sweet so you really can eat them for breakfast. Trust me, I think I ate them for breakfast the last 4 days. LOL!

This recipe came from the Gluten Free on a Shoestring Blog. I made some changes to the recipe so if you want to be true to the recipe, you'll want to click over and follow it from there. Also, she has tons of other great recipes on a budget so check her blog out.

Hope you've enjoyed this episode of Cooking with C.C. I'll be back soon with another recipe. Let me know if you try this recipe. Can't wait to hear what you think. Enjoy!

2 comments:

I ❤❤❤ to hear from my readers. Please leave a comment.