Saturday, March 27, 2010

LOST 6X09 (Ab Aeterno)





Time for my thoughts on this week's episode. There are numerous sites that do recaps so I'm not going to necessarily do that, but I am going to share my thoughts on what happened.

The icon paintings in my LOST posts for this season were painted by Scott Erickson of The Transpire Project for Chris Seay's book The Gospel According to LOST.

*****SPOILER ALERT - IF YOU HAVE NOT WATCHED 6X09, DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE SPOILED!*****



Season 6, Episode 9 - Ab Aeterno
~So we finally get to find out about Richard. What an amazingly dramatic episode! Was actually brought to tears by this episode which hasn't happened more than a handful of times while watching LOST.
~Ilana is to protect the 6 candidates. How has she been preparing for this though as Jacob alluded too? Is the preparation how she got hurt?
~Was Jacob supposed to tell Richard what to do next? Did he get killed before he had the chance? What doesn't Jacob just tell Hurley what to do next?
~Richard seems to believe what many viewers of LOST believe, that the island is actually hell. I'm not convinced!
~Isabella is such a beautiful lady, but I prefer Richard without all the facial hair. LOL!
~The idiotic doctor reminds me of many medical professions I've had a run in with. Why do so many doctors think they are God's gift to man? What about that oath, what's it say, first do no harm?
~Do you think Whitfield is related to Whitmore? Maybe a transition to the name over the years?
~And Hanso is the captain! Hanso of the Dharma Initiative. Just another connection!
~OK, now here is my question about the statue. Didn't we see the statue completely whole in the 1977 time period? So how could the Black Rock have knocked it over & then it be whole again? Very confused!!!
~Why wasn't Richard killed by the smoke monster when he killed everyone else? Was he already marked for an important role on the island?
~Interesting to see that when Not John got Ben to kill Jacob that this wasn't the first time the Man in Black had tried to have Jacob killed.
~Loved the whole wine bottle & cork analogy.
~Not sure why Jacob couldn't bring Isabella back. It seems he should be able to do anything he wants. And why couldn't he forgive Richard? Allowing him to live forever seems like it would be torture, having to constantly remember what happened.
~That's all for this week. Can't wait for the next new episode! I'd love to hear your thoughts & theories on anything I've written about or something you think I might have missed.



There's my thoughts for what it's worth. Tune in next week for LOST 6X10 "The Package".

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ❤❤❤ to hear from my readers. Please leave a comment.