Sunday, March 7, 2010

LOST 6X06 (Sundown)





Time for my thoughts on this week's episode. There are numerous sites that do recaps so I'm not going to necessarily do that, but I am going to share my thoughts on what happened.

The icon paintings in my LOST posts for this season were painted by Scott Erickson of The Transpire Project for Chris Seay's book The Gospel According to LOST.

*****SPOILER ALERT - IF YOU HAVE NOT WATCHED 6X06, DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE SPOILED!*****



Season 6, Episode 6 - Sundown
~Just finished watching this new episode for the 2nd time & my head is still spinning. Super intense, right?
~Sayid is still so desperately in love with Nadia even if the flash sideways. I think the loss of love/unrequited love is what tips his scale in the wrong direction in both the original timeline & the flash sideways.
~Sayid's brother Omer is still expecting Sayid to clean up his messes, do the difficult things, in both timelines. He can't seem to stand up for himself at any point we've seen thus far.
~Dogen's explanation to Sayid was pretty profound, "for every man there is a scale, on one side of the scale there is good, on the other side evil, this machine tells us how the scale is balanced & yours tipped the wrong way." I'm still just baffled as to how that machine could tell which way the the scale is balanced. Hmm....
~I was confused about the baseball & Dogen until towards the end of the episode when I finally realized it was reminding him of his son.
~Claire is totally creeping me out. I almost hope she doesn't get back with Aaron because I don't think she has enough sanity to raise him. She is one messed up girl!
~Dogen tells Sayid about Not John, "For years, he has been trapped but now Jacob is gone, he’s free, this man will not stop until he has destroyed every living thing on this island. He is evil incarnate." If Not John plans to kill every living thing on the island, does that include all those following him? Does he plan to destroy everything & then leave the island alone?
~Sayid's mistake in meeting with Not John was allowing him to speak before he stabbed him. If he had acted first, I think we might have actually been rid of Not John.
~Keamy disgusted me just as much in the flash sideways as he did in the original timeline. Not sad to see him gone for good.
~My heart broke for Dogen not being able to see his son again. I started thinking, would I be willing to give up seeing Damaris ever again if by giving that up, she would live? Probably so!
~And then, holy crap! Sayid just goes off the deep end! Creeped Ben out. Have we ever before seen Ben Linus turn tail & run away? Not that I can remember!
~I've always thought the "Catch a Falling Star" song was nice, calming, peaceful until I heard it as the music at the end of the episode. Totally creeped me out! Has me wondering if there is a hidden meaning behind it?
~Looks like Kate may have made her choice as well by following Not John's group. I don't think she'll make it though. I'm expecting Claire to kill her pretty quick!
~That's all for this week. Can't wait for the next new episode! I'd love to hear your thoughts & theories on anything I've written about or something you think I might have missed.



There's my thoughts for what it's worth. Tune in next week for LOST 6X07 "Dr. Linus".

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ❤❤❤ to hear from my readers. Please leave a comment.