Saturday, March 20, 2010

LOST 6X08 (Recon)





Time for my thoughts on this week's episode. There are numerous sites that do recaps so I'm not going to necessarily do that, but I am going to share my thoughts on what happened.

The icon paintings in my LOST posts for this season were painted by Scott Erickson of The Transpire Project for Chris Seay's book The Gospel According to LOST.

*****SPOILER ALERT - IF YOU HAVE NOT WATCHED 6X08, DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE SPOILED!*****



Season 6, Episode 8 - Recon
~After last week, this new episode was a bit of a letdown. Of course, I know we can't have phenomenal episodes every single week. This was still a good episode. Just was hoping for more.
~As the episode started, I was thinking that Sawyer had us all tricked in the flash sideways & he was really going to turn out to be a con man. Imagine my shock when he turns out to be a cop & his partner is Miles. Whoa!
~I was so excited to see Charlotte in this episode. I just wish Sawyer hadn't screwed things up with her. They made a cute couple.
~When Sawyer runs into Zoe on Hydra Island, I knew something had to be up. I'm thinking it was Not John who killed everybody there. I don't think Widmore did it. What do you think?
~Had to know Claire attacking Kate was coming. Not John was so full of it though trying to convince Kate that he cared about her. He just cannot be trusted!
~The whole exchange between Kate & Not John on the beach about his past was interested, but confusing. Here's the stuff I'm referencing. Not John: “you referred to me as a dead man, I’m not a dead man, I know what you’re feeling, what you’re going through” “because my mother was crazy, a long time ago before I looked like this, I had a mother just like everyone, she was a very disturbed woman & as a result of that, I had some growing pains, problems that I’m still trying to work my way through, problems that could have been avoided had things been different” Kate: “why are you telling me this?” Not John: “because now, Aaron has a crazy mother too”. This immediately caused me to reflect on Aaron in the Bible. We know that Aaron was Moses' younger brother. We know Moses' (& Aaron's) mother hid Moses in a basket in the river. We don't know much more about her. I don't recall any info about her mindset, but I know that if I had put my son in a basket in the river & he was then taken to be mothered by someone else, I would not be in my right mind!
~Any thoughts on what's in the locked room on the sub? I can't even begin to fathom what might be inside.
~I am beyond excited to see Richard's episode next week. I cannot wait!!!!!
~That's all for this week. Can't wait for the next new episode! I'd love to hear your thoughts & theories on anything I've written about or something you think I might have missed.



There's my thoughts for what it's worth. Tune in next week for LOST 6X09 "Ab Aeterno".

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ❤❤❤ to hear from my readers. Please leave a comment.