Thursday, April 16, 2009

LOST 5X13



Time for my thoughts on this week's episode. There are numerous sites that do recaps so I'm not going to necessarily do that, but I am going to share my thoughts on what happened.

*****SPOILER ALERT - IF YOU HAVE NOT WATCHED 5X13, DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE SPOILED!*****



Season 5, Episode 13 - Some Like It Hoth
~By far my favorite episode this season thus far
~Probably in my top five favorite episodes ever!
~Did anyone notice the microwave clock in the apartment said 3:16? :-)
~What I gather is that this was the first time Miles had been able to talk to dead people. Very creepy to see this young boy experiencing these scary feelings & emotions!
~So this circle of trust the Horace brings Miles into, is this something to just scare Miles into being quiet or is there really a bigger circle of trust? I think the 2nd one is much more probable with all the secrecy we've seen thus far.
~Why are they building the hatch in hostile territory? And how are they doing this without the hostiles knowing about it?
~I wondered for a bit if the guy who died was someone we knew or someone important, but apparently he was just a worker.
~I was a bit weirded out seeing Miles with all the piercings (says me who has 6 piercings of my own lol!), but it seemed to me he was just trying to figure out himself no matter what it took.
~I'm wondering what happened that made Miles & his mom leave the Island. They seemed very happy there with Dr. Chang, but obviously something happened.
~I'm sure Miles' mom never would have imagined that Miles would end up back on the Island somehow.
~I honestly feel sorry for Ben's dad Roger. It's apparent he has never gotten over losing his wife & now he doesn't know where his son is or if he'll live.
~Has Hurley ever told anyone (other than people in the institution) that he sees & talks to dead people? I can't recall. Maybe he told Jack? Interesting that he just blurts it out to Miles. They didn't seem to have any real connection before.
~Loved the line "You're just jealous that my power is better than your power". That was priceless!!!!
~I am wondering about the polar bears again. Apparently there were more than one. What were they there for though? Hmmm....
~And then we finally get what they showed us in the 1st episode of the season. Dr. Chang is Miles' dad!!!
~I thought the audition in the restaurant was interesting. Apparently money is Miles' motivation at this point.
~Did you notice the stuff on the chalkboard when Jack is cleaning the classroom? It was all about Egypt. I'm going to see if I can find a screenshot. Hold that thought.....OK, I'm back, I found one.

Very interesting stuff!!!!
~Another funny line is Dr. Chang's "My wife likes jazz, I like country". Totally unexpected!
~And then we see the 4 8 15 16 23 42 numbers pounded into the hatch door. It's a serial number? So does it really not have any deeper meaning than that? lol!
~OK, I know next is Miles getting kidnapped by the people in the van, but I'll cover that in a minute when I get to the end of the episode & I share my theory. Stay tuned...
~I can say at this point that now we understand why Miles asked Ben for the $3.2 million since it's double what Widmore had offered him.
~Totally laughed out loud when I realized that Hurley was writing the script to The Empire Strikes Back. Only Hurley!
~I knew the videotape was going to come back to bite them. Phil is all tied up. Will Sawyer kill him to keep him quiet?
~I'm glad Miles came clean with Mr. Grey. His comment was harsh, but true though - "It wouldn't have been fair to your son, if you needed your son to know you loved him, you should have told him while he was alive"
~The whole Star Wars references thing during the episode might have a deeper meaning. I had a member of the Logsdon LOST Fans (LLF) try to convince me that there are different LOST characters correlate with different Star Wars characters. Not totally sure I buy it, but it's a thought.
~OK, how creepy would it be to watch through the window and see your mom & dad taking care of baby you? I totally felt for Miles at that point!
~And then, who appears out of the sub? None other than Daniel Faraday!!!! My thought that I referenced above is this: I think Daniel has figured out how to purposefully travel through time. I also think Daniel is the head of the 3rd group of people - Ben's group, Widmore's group, & Daniel's group. I think Daniel's group is the "what lies in the shadow of the statue?" people who kidnapped Miles & also who were on the Ajira flight & are now on the other island.
~Next week, the story of the O6 from a different perspective & then two weeks from tonight, a new episode, #100!!!! Sides are chosen, some will run, some will fight. I can't wait! See ya next week!



There's my thoughts for what it's worth. Tune in next week for my thoughts on the recap show & in two weeks for my thoughts on 5X14 The Variable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ❤❤❤ to hear from my readers. Please leave a comment.