Thursday, April 9, 2009

LOST 5X12



Time for my thoughts on this week's episode. There are numerous sites that do recaps so I'm not going to necessarily do that, but I am going to share my thoughts on what happened.

*****SPOILER ALERT - IF YOU HAVE NOT WATCHED 5X12, DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE SPOILED!*****



Season 5, Episode 12 - Dead is Dead
~Thank goodness for DVR. Our Seder Meal at church ran late so we didn't get home until almost 8:30pm. That meant avoiding Twitter & Facebook etc. until we got finished watching last night.
~I'm beginning to suspect that Whitmore is not what we've been led to believe he is. He really revealed a bad side in last night's episode.
~It also seems that Richard & Whitmore don't agree so much on what the island wants.
~Interesting that Ben & his people have no name for Smokie.
~About the crate with poles on the smaller island - had some discussion with the LLF (LOST Logsdon Fans) that this reminded me of the ark of the covenant. Maybe there is something inside that needs to be returned to the temple.
~Interesting to see the pre-teen/teenage Ethan. He seems like he's got some problems already. Maybe because somehow, as yet unknown, he is separated/taken? from his parents.
~Now, about Ben & Danielle & Alex, Ben seems fine with killing Danielle as Whitmore has ordered until he hears Alex crying. Apparently he has an issue with a child being motherless because of her death as we see confirmed later in this episode.
~Very interesting that he Ben warns Danielle that if she ever hears whispers on the island, to run the other way.
~The discussion between Ben & John in the office regarding the elephant in the room conversation - the remark about the island understanding if everything Ben has done has been in the best interest of the island. Makes the later happenings under the temple make some sense.
~Loved the line "Friends can be more dangerous than enemies." So true, so true!
~Really hated Charles when he went off on Ben about not killing Alex. Seriously, she's a baby! Have I mentioned I'm not at all trusting Charles anymore!
~Got totally creeped out when the light turned on in Alex's room in Ben's house in Dharmaville. I wonder how long Sun & Frank had been waiting there for John.
~Did anyone else notice how Ben reacted to hearing that Christian had shown up to talk to Sun & Frank? He looked totally scared.
~He also looked shocked to see the '77 orientation photo. Seems like Ben might not actually know everything.
~Literally LOL at Ben pulling the plug & the water draining trying to get Smokie to come to him.
~I feel like we haven't heard the whole story yet as to why Charles was "banished" from the island. Apparently Ben didn't trick him since he was being led off the island. Or did he?
~Also loved the line about Smokie not running on a schedule like a train.
~I literally screamed at the tv when Ben shot Desmond. I know they have been alluding to this all season, but I didn't expect him to actually shoot Desmond!
~And then Charlie comes up out of the boat when Ben is about to shoot Penny. I think even if Desmond hadn't attacked Ben, he wouldn't have shot Penny because of Charlie.
~OK, now what was the whole thing about what's in the shadow of the statue? Which statue are the talking about? I would assume the statue of the foot. But how do they know about the statue if they've never been on the main island. This leads me to speculate that the other people on the plane were actually sent to the island by Whitmore. And that whatever is in the crate is something to do with Whitmore trying to destroy the island!!!!!
~So how about the scene under the temple with Smokie. I think that Ben actually showing his emotions and being sorry for what he did to Alex is the reason Smokie let him live.
~next week - the title of the episode has the word Hoth in it. Did some googling & found that Hoth is a Star Wars reference. It's a planet where the Echo Base of the Rebel Alliance is located in SWV. Not sure where LOST is going with this, but I can't wait to find out. See yall next week!



There's my thoughts for what it's worth. Tune in next week for my thoughts on 5X13 Some Like It Hoth.

2 comments:

  1. I thought it was interesting that Mr. Ekko saw his (dead) brother right before Smokie got him...and then Ben saw Alex right after seeing Smokie.

    That statue thing seemed to be some sort of riddle that only the "in" crowd would know. Interesting thought...that they'd been sent by Widmore!

    The plot thickens!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog on google and read a few of your other posts. I just added you to my Google News Reader. Keep up the good work. Look forward to reading more from you in the future.

    ReplyDelete

I ❤❤❤ to hear from my readers. Please leave a comment.