Saturday, February 27, 2010

LOST 6X05 (Lighthouse)





Time for my thoughts on this week's episode. There are numerous sites that do recaps so I'm not going to necessarily do that, but I am going to share my thoughts on what happened.

The icon paintings in my LOST posts for this season were painted by Scott Erickson of The Transpire Project for Chris Seay's book The Gospel According to LOST.

*****SPOILER ALERT - IF YOU HAVE NOT WATCHED 6X05, DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE SPOILED!*****



Season 6, Episode 5 - Lighthouse
~Very interesting episode (even if I had to watch it originally in 2 parts & then rewatch it today to get everything - I was on call when the episode aired & had 2 code blues during the new episode)!
~In the flash sideways, a major difference from real time. Jack had his appendix removed during childhood in the flash sideways, but during Season 4 in real time. Just another difference that makes my head spin!
~And another difference, Jack has a son David in the flash sideways. But we have no clue who the mother is. I hope it's Sarah.
~Claire seems to have no grasp on time. Throughout this episode, Jin tells her several times that they've been gone for 3 years. She just seems unable to understand this.
~Why does Dogen know about the candidates but Richard does not? Seems to me that Richard would be one who was in the know? Hmmmm....
~Claire tells Jin, “One thing that will kill you around here is infection.” Is she insinuating that she is dead?
~Hurley's whole time travelling back to the time of dinosaurs conversation with Jack was pretty funny. I don't think the skeletons in the caves are them, but still pondering who they might be & if they're someone who know/knew.
~Jack tells Hurley that he came back to the island because he is broken & thought the island could fix him. I honestly believe that Jack will be whole before the series is over.
~108 keeps sticking out to me as a number with meaning so I went & did a little searching around to see if we had encountered this number before. We have! 108 is the sum of the numbers (4+8+15+16+23+42). The 108th episode of LOST was this episode, Lighthouse. 108 was in the graffiti Jack sees when he goes into the hatch for the first time. Duh, 108 minutes on the countdown clock. 108 days between the Oceanic crash & when the Oceanic 6 are rescued from the Sumba island. Very interesting!
~Loved Jacob's line to Hurley about not being able to tell just anyone what they need to do (like he did with Hurley not once but three times that I recall now) so "other times you have to let him look out at the ocean for awhile."
~Kate's looking for Claire & Claire will kill Kate when finds out that she took Aaron off the island. From the preview, looks like we might have to deal with that possibility next week.
~Seeing Not John as Claire's friend was not a surprise at all. But with Jin stuck with Claire for the time being, will Not John recruit Jin as well?
~That's all for this week. Can't wait for the next new episode! I'd love to hear your thoughts & theories on anything I've written about or something you think I might have missed.



There's my thoughts for what it's worth. Tune in next week for LOST 6X06 "Sundown".

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ❤❤❤ to hear from my readers. Please leave a comment.