Saturday, February 20, 2010

LOST 6X04 (The Substitute)





Time for my thoughts on this week's episode. There are numerous sites that do recaps so I'm not going to necessarily do that, but I am going to share my thoughts on what happened.

The icon paintings in my LOST posts for this season were painted by Scott Erickson of The Transpire Project for Chris Seay's book The Gospel According to LOST.

*****SPOILER ALERT - IF YOU HAVE NOT WATCHED 6X04, DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE SPOILED!*****



Season 6, Episode 4 - The Substitute
~In the flash sideways, how did John get paralyzed? Helen suggests eloping & her parents & John's dad coming with them. So, did John's dad not push him out the window? What happened?
~Wonder why Richard didn't know about the candidates? Or did he know & just not acknowledge it to Not John? (on a side note, I much prefer the name Not John to Flocke)
~Who's the young boy that Not John sees? I've heard Baby Aaron grown up a bit or Jacob as a boy. Very interesting!
~Ilana picks up ashes from the fire that Not John kicked Jacob into. Do you think that has something to do with the ashes spread around the temple? Is this a repeat of something that has happened before & you need some of the protector of the island's ashes to protect yourself for as long as you can?
~I have to wonder if I was in Sawyer's place & someone offered to answer my questions, if I would or wouldn't chose to do exactly what Sawyer did.
~All these characters are connected in amazing ways. I wonder if in the flash sideways, they will all end up on the island eventually since it's inevitable that it was going to happen.
~Can Sawyer see the young boy like Not John can because he's chosen to be on Not John's side? Who the heck is this kid!
~When the young boy tells Not John, "You can't kill him", was he talking about Jacob or Sawyer?
~I love the bluntness of Rose. She is such a great character.
~Burying John's body is one of the few times we've seen Ben express any regret.
~In the flash sideways, John & Jack seem to be opposites from the original timeline. Jack has no faith in anything, not even his love Helen.
~Totally scared the crap out of me when the ladder Sawyer was on broke. I think I literally screamed!
~The title "The Substitute" has to be about more than the fact that John is a substitute teacher in the flash sideways. But what or who is the substitute in the original timeline? We've seen several substitutions, but I don't think we've seen the one they are referring too.
~Loved that Ben was a European history teacher! And loved the glasses too!
~Holy crap! The numbers. 4 - John (gets marked out); 8 - Hurley; 15 - Sawyer; 16 - Sayid (should he be marked out or is he really dead & inhabited by something of Not John or by Jacob or ?????); 23 - Jack; 42 - Sun or Jin; So, what about Kate? Jacob visits her off the island & touches her. And what about whichever it is not of Sun & Jin? Jacob also visited both of them. Is Jacob the only protector of the island there has ever been or have there been others (pun not intended) who have fulfilled this role? Why can Jacob no longer be the protector? Did he know he was going to be killed by Ben? Who will be the next protector? And what is going to happen if Not John & Sawyer get off the island? WOW!
~That's all for this week. Can't wait for the next new episode! I'd love to hear your thoughts & theories on anything I've written about or something you think I might have missed.



There's my thoughts for what it's worth. Tune in next week for LOST 6X05 "Lighthouse".

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ❤❤❤ to hear from my readers. Please leave a comment.