Sunday, July 6, 2008

Day 98 of 100 Days of Blogging

So, I'm really missing being able to run. I only did it for about a year, but once I blew my knee out, that went bye-bye for me. I'm still having lots of back pain which limits exercising, but I need to do something as all those pounds I lost are starting to creep back on. I'm already doing yoga twice a week for an hour each time, but that's not enough. So, I bought a pedometer a few days ago. Today is day 4 of wearing it. The first day, I did 2500 steps. Second day, I increased by 250 to 2750 steps. Third day, I increased by another 250 to 3000 steps. Today, I wasn't sure if I was going to attempt to increase or not because my back is really hurting today. However, between walking around at church and going grocery shopping, I was already to 3250 steps by the time we got home. So, I'm slowly increasing and hope to be at 10000 steps by early August. I also ordered Russ & Damaris pedometers yesterday and we're going to work together as a family to increase our steps and become more healthy. I'm logging my steps walked at WalkerTracker Here's the link to my recorded steps: http://walkertracker.com/lorelaicc If you check it and decide to join there, let me know so we can be comrades. LOL! I plan to get Russ & Damaris on the website too so that we can all track our steps daily.

water bottle pinkI also got a new water bottle with a straw (and it's pink of course) that holds 24 ounces of water and have drank 96 ounces of water daily for the last 3 days and today is day 4 and I've done 24 ounces so far.

What healthy things are you doing?

4 comments:

  1. That's great! I recently started going back to the gym. I'm trying out the Couch to 5K plan on the treadmill just for a goal, but I think I like the eliptical better. I've started to track my progress over at gyminee.com with Rebekah from mundanemusings.

    I like your water bottle! I've been wanting to get one for all of us instead of throwing away water bottles, and so we'll drink more water. I'm trying to bring my own mug to Starbucks too now, but I guess that's more enviromentally "healthy" than physically healthy. :) But it's a step! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a cute water bottle. I do Curves three times a week for exercise and then also try to walk on days that I do not do Curves. I have a pedometer and just use it when I take my walks.

    I need to do better at drinking water than I do some days. I hope that yoooou are feeling better. I was gone the last few days so that is why I have not been around. I hope that you had a nice 4th. Take care. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Myself? I've been trying to get out more to run or at least hike. I also eat lots of salad and yogurts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Water is very important. I have dared myself to drink more water too. Of course, you may know that I also do my Power90X and other stuff too. Just keep moving and you will get there. Baby steps.

    ReplyDelete

I ❤❤❤ to hear from my readers. Please leave a comment.