My BBF (best blogging friend) Shari from Rain Into Rainbows tagged me in this blog challenge. So, to start, here's 11 random things about me.
1. We just moved back to where we consider home, Abilene, Texas, 2 days ago. We lived here for almost 3 years when Russ and I were in seminary. We're so glad to be home!
2. (totally stealing from Shari!) I really really really want to attend the 2012 Allume Social conference.
3. (again stealing from Shari!) Yes, I would LOVE a sponsor to attend Allume Social. How sweet of you to ask! ;)
4. I have a major thing for sweets. Chocolate is really high up on that list. Almost any candy. Cake, ice cream, brownies, pie...just hand over the sweets and nobody gets hurt!
5. I love TOMS shoes. I wear them probably 95% of the time. I really want the Fuchsia Crochet ones and the Natalia Rose Linen Ballet Flats. I wear a size 9 if anyone wants to buy them for me!!!! LOL! But seriously! :D
6. I'm a TV person too. I have to noise on most of the time and I usually fill that need with tv. SciFi shows are a favorite. Crime dramas too. Netflix Streaming and I are BFFs!!!
7. My 12 year old daughter Damaris is only about an inch shorter than I am (I'm 5'4.5"). She also wears the same size shoes as me.
8. I adore the color pink! And I like it so much that I wear it, decorate with it, paint my nails pink, etc., etc. I'm so blessed that I have an understanding husband!
9. I have piercings - 2 holes in each ear plus a cartilage piercing in my left ear and a nose stud as well - and tattoos - on my right wrist, I have the word grace and on my left wrist, I have the word peace (shalom) in Hebrew.
10. My 2nd toe on each foot is longer than my big toe. I've been told that means I'm smart!
11. I'm kinda crunchy - I don't wear makeup, I clean my face with castor oil & EVOO, I wash my hair with baking soda, I condition my hair with apple cider vinegar, I homeschool Damaris, I use lots of herbal/homeopathic remedies, on good days I eat organic/naturally, etc.
And here's Shari's 11 questions for me...
1. Do you have pets? If so how many and what kind?
Nope, no pets. Russ and Damaris want a Siberian Husky. I say no until we have a backyard.
2. Are you a city gal or a country girl?
Country gal but I need access to certain city things. I'd love to live in a town like Stars Hollow from Gilmore Girls.
3. What’s your favorite fruit?
4. How many countries have you visited/lived in?
Ummm, well, I visited the Bahamas and went on a choir tour in Europe. Other than that, only the US. I dream of visiting Prince Edward Island and other places in Canada.
5. How many states have you visited/lived in?
Lived in - only Texas and New Mexico
Visited - Arizona, California, Colorado, Alabama, Oklahoma, Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, I think that's all
6. What’s your favorite color? (I already know for some of y’all!)
Now that's a silly question! PINK all the way!!!!!
7. Do you WOH or WIH? (I’m not even gonna say SAH, because we all know just how much work *that* can be!)
Work inside the home as a wife and Mamma
8. Are you married? If so, for how long?
yep, 14 years this past September
9. What trend from your teens makes you cringe when you look back?
those gigantic bangs
10. What makes you feel great about yourself?
I'm a caring, loving, compassionate woman who is fighting her way through a very difficult illness because life is about the journey.
11. What is your dream vehicle?
a pink Volkswagon Beetle convertible like this:
Post these rules on your blog
You must post 11 random things about yourself.
Answer the questions set for you in their post.
Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
Go to their blog and tell them that you’ve tagged them.
I'm not going to tag anyone but if you want to do this, here are 11 questions to answer. Let me know if you do this. :) [*Cough, cough* Russ, Damaris, Mom, etc.]
1. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
2. What's your favorite sweet treat?
3. Do you name the inanimate items in your life (your car, your phone, your computer, etc.)? If so, what are their names?
4. What is your favorite song of all time?
5. Do you have any reoccurring dreams? Tell us about it/them.
6. What's the most serious illness or accident you've had?
7. If your life story was a book, what would the title of it be?
8. What's your favorite special occasion?
9. If you could trade in your car for another mode of transportation, what would it be?
10. What would your perfect day look like?
11. What's your favorite quote?