Friday, February 27, 2009

Catching Up

Whew, a second to catch my breath. I know I haven't been blogging as normal & this post is really pretty random - I hope you can keep up. Things have been insane around here. Between the 1000+ mile plus trip last week for the funeral & then another about 400 miles on Monday & Tuesday, I'm not even sure what day it is. Missed out on 5 class days, 2 tests, a few papers, etc. I've also been dealing with a huge emotional stress that has really brought me down pretty low. I'm considering leaving the group where the stress is coming from, but I was asked to take a month sabbatical instead and then make a decision. My email inbox hasn't been this empty in a long time. It's nice though to take a break. I went out this morning and got my hair trimmed. Have a box of hair dye in the other room to make my hair pretty tomorrow. I need to get a book review written & finish up the lesson for the kids at church on Sunday. I am heading up a group of women who will be teaching our kids over the next 7 weeks. We are focusing on what is Lent and also about Easter. Should be really neat for the kids. Other than that, just still trying to get caught up on sleep. I hope to get back to normal blog postings next week. I'm doing well with my Lent sacrifices. I had a caffeine headache on Wednesday night, but haven't missed the sodas otherwise. And I'm pleasantly surprised how much I've been enjoying other foods since I cut out the meat. The complaining and grumbling thing is rough! But I'm trying to remember my verses & make my outlook more positive. Okie dokie, I hope you got all that. I'm going to get to work on this book review. Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

  1. CC... I can totally relate to what you are feeling, but I really hope you don't leave. I can't imagine it there without you! I find it very hard to be as active a part of the group as I once was and I know there is no way I could handle still being part of the leadership, but I just can't break the tie :-)
    Love you & praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how all consuming a group can be. I've had to make decisions about leaving groups before and it's one of the hardest things I've had to do! But if a group is causing you so much stress it just might be time to leave. Sounds like a huge weight has been lifted already. You're the only one who can make the decision. Praying for wisdom for you!

    ReplyDelete

I ❤❤❤ to hear from my readers. Please leave a comment.