Sunday, February 1, 2015

January Check-In

How are we already through the first month of 2015? The days just continue to pass so quickly. At the beginning of the year, I wrote a blog post, The Post In Which I Look Ahead At 2015. I want to just check in on a couple aspects of this each month (and then I'll check in on everything at the end of the year). So here we go:

~Read at least one non-fiction book each month of 2015.
1 ~ The Accidental Anglican: The Surprising Appeal of the Liturgical Church by Todd Hunter ~ completed 21-1-15
2 ~ The Furious Longing of God by Brennan Manning ~ currently reading

~I plan to continue sharing about the creative part of my life which includes knitting, spinning, and designing patterns on a month to month basis here on my blog. Hopefully that will include releasing 12 new patterns, knitting 3 sweaters for myself, knitting 1 preemie hat per week, knit 7 stockings for family, finish at least 100 projects, and who knows what else!


Projects Finished this Month:
~2015 Top Down Preemie Hat #1, #2, #3, + #4
~Single Socks that are my design patterns for display at fibre festivals - Mind the Gap While You Try to Catch the Rainbow Socks, Sock For Ten Because Two's Too Many, + Rescue Me, Chin Boy, and Show Me the Stars (Doctor Who Inspired Socks) - The Redux
~ + Stripey Sleeves of Warmth

So the total thus far:
Preemie Hats - 4
Socks - 3 single socks
Misc - 1
Total - 8 projects complete

Design-wise -
~I re-released my Rescue Me, Chin Boy, & Show Me the Stars Socks pattern. It's been updated to be more in line with my other sock patterns.
~Patterns that I've designed for clubs are starting to come out of exclusivity: Spoilers Socks (Doctor Who Inspired) is the first.
~I also released 2 eBooks in January: Doctor Who Companions Sock Club - First Edition and The Ultimate Doctor Who Inspired Sock Collection - Volume 1.
~So that puts me at 1 new pattern released thus far this year.

On the Needles -
~A new design project - Super super super super super super secret project Outlander Socks
~Sweater 1 of 3 for me - Mamma Vertebrae
~A pair of socks for me - Some Pleasant Pheasant Socks
~ + stocking 1 of 7 for family - Christmas Stocking for Waylon at Momma's House

As always, find all my completed projects plus what's currently on my needles on Ravelry:


And you can also find all my knitting pattern designs (those available for purchase and some freebies as well) on Ravelry:


Thanks for journeying with me this year. Talk to you next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ❤❤❤ to hear from my readers. Please leave a comment.