Saturday, August 10, 2013

The Post In Which I Share My Spoons for August


Sharing Our Spoons is a monthly link-up for those of us with chronic illnesses where we support and encourage each other in a holistic way by focusing on five goals each month. The five goal areas are: Physical, Mental/Emotional, Spiritual, Something fun, and BONUS: One thing to get you out of your comfort zone each month. We'll be linking up on the first Tuesday of each month. We'd love to have you join us.



If you've been a reader of my blog for long, you might remember that Sharing Our Spoons used to be a weekly link-up, but it kind of fell by the wayside. Jamee has brought it back to life as a monthly link-up and I'm excited to join back up.



My Goals For August:
1. Physical: Focus on getting at least 8 hours of sleep each night and preferably get to bed by 1am especially with the upcoming time change (we'll be moving 6 hours ahead) with the move which will be a difficult change for me.

2. Mental/Emotional: Finish some current knitting projects that are on the needles and start designing a new pattern so that it can be knit up and published. The design is in my head but I need to work on it.

3. Spiritual: Restart my weekly Sunday posting of a prayer for the week. As I worked over the last few weeks on revamping my blog, some of my favorite posts to look back at were these posts. So I really want to start doing this again.

4. Something fun: Take the time to paint my fingernails and toenails. I always feel better when my nails are painted.

5. BONUS: One thing to get you out of your comfort zone each month: Move to SCOTLAND! If this doesn't get me out of my comfort zone, I don't know what will. LOL!



Your turn! Link up with Jamee here.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, Scotland, what a fun adventure to have. Good luck with all of your goals and thank you so much for stopping by Jamie Chases butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we are super excited about our upcoming adventure. Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  2. Scotland sounds incredible! We need lots of blog posts!!! :)

    ps - crazy how something as simple as painting our nails can make us feel so much better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most definitely - the move is part of the reason I've returned to blogging after a long hiatus. Can't wait to share all about it! Only 13 days until we leave. :-) Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting!

      PS - yep, just touched up a couple of nails that had chipped and it just feels amazing. :-)

      Delete
  3. These are awesome goals! I cannot believe Scotland is so close! So crazy!!!! Thanks for joining back in SOS! I'm most definitely still trying to get back into the swing of blogging regularly since my health took a nosedive this spring! Can't wait to live vicariously through you with all your new adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jamee! I can't believe we leave in less than 3 days. Fly out Sunday morning. Excited to be back to SOS! I need it. Can't wait to share all about it with yall. <3

      Delete

I ❤❤❤ to hear from my readers. Please leave a comment.