Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The Post In Which I Check In On Create for February

Two months ago, I shared that my word for this year is create. I also shared some goals to go along with my word create. It's time to check in again.

2013oneword

~Design & publish at least six knitting patterns.
*The pattern I submitted for publication was rejected. That's been tough to deal with emotionally. However, I've decided to self-publish it. It is with 3 test knitters right now with the plan to release it on March 29th.
*Writing & knitting another pattern right now (a baby blanket).
*Have an idea for the third pattern, but it's only in the sketching stage.

~Knit enough pairs of socks that I can stop wearing store bought ones.
*Three pairs completed. I'll share the third pair later this month after I self-publish it.
*I also knit another pair of socks in February but they are a gift for a friend.

~Knit my second ever sweater.
*Looked through some patterns. Haven't found the right one yet. The actual knitting won't occur until after we move to Scotland.

~Knit at least six preemie hats to donate to charity.
*2 down, 4 to go. #2 was knit in March though so I'll save it for next month's round-up.

~Consistently journal.
*Continuing to journal almost daily even if it's just a few sentences each day.

~Continue keeping a list of the eucharisteo/gifts/joys/Thanksgivings in my life.
*Made it to #1800 last week.



Finished Projects
Rambled Hat for Wyatt ~ From Rambled by Dani Sunshine. Knit on US 5 (3.75 mm) & US 6 (4.0 mm) needles with Rowan Baby Merino Silk DK in the Bluebird colorway & Universal Yarn Classic Shades in the Storm Clouds colorway. This hat was a Valentine's Day gift for my nephew Wyatt.
Rambled Hat for Wyatt




Camden Cap for Lola ~ From Camden Cap by Woolly Wormhead. Knit on US 5 (3.75 mm) &US 6 (4.0 mm) needles with Caron Simply Soft Solids in the Sunshine colorway & Universal Yarn Classic Worsted Impressions in the pink, red, & yellow colorway. After seeing & trying on the Camden Cap I made for my sister (her Momma), my 4 year old niece Lola asked for a Camden Cap in her size. I don’t have quite enough left of the yarn I used for her Momma’s hat, so I’m mixed a solid yellow in with it. This was her Valentine's Day present.
Camden Cap for Lola




Current Works in Progress
Finished 02/27/13 ~ Will share pics in the next round-up ~ Junction Shawl for Mom A. ~ From Lee Meredith's (Leethal) pattern Junction. Knitting on US 5 (3.75mm) needles with Knit Picks Comfy Fingering Weight in the Bison & Peony colorways. My mother-in-law saw my Junction shawl & asked me to knit one for her.

Currently Unnamed Baby Blanket Design ~ I'm designing this pattern. Knitting on US 5 (3.75mm) needles with leftover soft yarns from my stash. This will be a gift for friends.

Camden Cap for Momma W. ~ From Camden Cap by Woolly Wormhead. Knitting on US 5 (3.75 mm) & US 6 (4.0 mm) needles with Kraemer Yarns Perfection Worsted in the Quartz & Sky colorways. This is for my Momma.



2013 Projects To Date:
I thought it would be neat to keep a list of all the projects I knit during 2013.

Baby Blankets
*Currently Unnamed Baby Blanket Design - in progress

Hats
*Tristan Hat for James - completed 01/06/13
*Tristan Hat for Michael - completed 01/09/13
*Rambled Hat for Wyatt - completed 01/10/13
*2013 Top Down Preemie Hat #1 - completed 01/11/13
*Camden Cap for Lola - completed 01/13/13
*2013 Top Down Preemie Hat #2 (pics next month) ~ Completed 03/02/13
*Camden Cap for Momma W. ~ in progress
*Camden Cap for Damaris ~ next up
*Camden Cap for Me ~ after the one above
*Dallas Cowboys Hat for Dad W. ~ and then this one (it's March Hat Knit-Along time for the Geeky Girls Knit Podcast group)

Shawls
*Junction Shawl for Mom A. - Completed 02/27/13

Socks
*Secret Project - completed 01/01/13 (will be revealed on March 29th)
*Mix Match Leftover Socks - completed 01/03/13
*AfterThought Heel Socks - completed 01/27/13
*Socks for a friend (will be revealed next month) - completed 02/23/13



As always, find all my completed projects plus what's currently on my needles on Ravelry:


shalom signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ❤❤❤ to hear from my readers. Please leave a comment.