Friday, February 1, 2013

The Post In Which I Check In On Create

One month ago, I shared that my word for this year is create. I also shared some goals to go along with my word create. I thought that today, one month in, would be a good time to check in.

2013oneword

~Design & publish at least six knitting patterns.
*Waiting to hear on one pattern I submitted for publication.
*Writing & knitting another pattern right now.
*Have an idea for the third pattern, but it's only in the sketching stage.

~Knit enough pairs of socks that I can stop wearing store bought ones.
*Three pairs completed, but I can only share two of them because one is the aforementioned pattern I've submitted for publication. See below for the other two pairs.

~Knit my second ever sweater.
*Looked through some patterns. Haven't found the right one yet. The actual knitting probably won't start until Septemberish.

~Knit at least six preemie hats to donate to charity.
*1 down, 5 to go. See below for #1.

~Consistently journal.
*I think I missed 1 day in January, but going strong on this & being blessed by it.

~Continue keeping a list of the eucharisteo/gifts/joys/Thanksgivings in my life.
*Going strong with this one as well.



Finished Projects
Mix Match Leftover Socks ~ From a pattern from my local yarn store Yarnies. Knit on US 1 (2.25 mm) needles with Regia Design Line by Kristin Nicholas Garden Effects in the Flower Garden colorway & Vice Sockalicious in the Amazingly Amy colorway. These socks are made from leftover yarn from two other pairs of socks. And these socks are for me! :)
Mix Match Leftover Socks>



Tristan Hat for James & Tristan Hat for Michael ~ DROPS design's pattern, 135-31 "Tristan" - Hat in textured pattern. Knit on US 6 (4.0 mm), needles with Rowan Baby Merino Silk DK in the Bluebird colorway. These were birthday gifts for my brothers-in-law James & Michael.
Tristan Hats for James and Michael



2013 Top Down Preemie Hat #1 ~ My very own pattern, Top Down Preemie Hat. Knit on US 2.5 (3 mm) needles with Schachenmayr nomotta Bravo Jacquard Color in the Mulberry colorway. This hat will be donated to our local NICU.
2013 Preemie Hat 1



AfterThought Heel Socks ~ From a pattern from my local yarn store Yarnies mixed with Laura Linneman's AfterThought Heel Socks pattern. Knit on US 1 (2.25 mm) needles with Regia Design Line Hand-dye Effect by Kaffe Fassett in the Balloon colorway & Regia Design Line Random Stripe by Kaffe Fassett in the Sizzle colorway. These socks are made from leftover yarn from another pair of socks & some leftover yarn that was gifted to me. And these socks are for me! :)
Afterthought Heel Socks



Current Works in Progress
Junction Shawl for Mom A. ~ From Lee Meredith's (Leethal) pattern Junction. Knitting on US 5 (3.75mm) needles with Knit Picks Comfy Fingering Weight in the Bison & Peony colorways. My mother-in-law saw my Junction shawl & asked me to knit one for her.

Currently Unnamed Baby Blanket Design ~ I'm designing this pattern. Knitting on US 5 (3.75mm) needles with leftover soft yarns from my stash. This will be a gift for friends.



2013 Projects To Date:
I thought it would be neat to keep a list of all the projects I knit during 2013.

Baby Blankets
*Currently Unnamed Baby Blanket Design - in progress

Hats
*Tristan Hat for James - completed 01/06/13
*Tristan Hat for Michael - completed 01/09/13
*Hat to be revealed later - completed 01/10/13
*2013 Top Down Preemie Hat #1 - completed 01/11/13
*Another hat to be revealed later - completed 01/13/13

Shawls
*Junction Shawl for Mom A. - in progress

Socks
*Secret Project - completed 01/01/13
*Mix Match Leftover Socks - completed 01/03/13
*AfterThought Heel Socks - completed 01/27/13



As always, find all my completed projects plus what's currently on my needles on Ravelry:


shalom signature

2 comments:

  1. Wow, lots of finished objects this week! Great job on sticking to your goals. I love your leftover scrap socks and would never guess they were made from scraps. Pink is definitely my color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! Pink is definitely my color too. :)

    ReplyDelete

I ❤❤❤ to hear from my readers. Please leave a comment.