Friday, September 9, 2011

Just Some Sentences

It's tough being a parent sometimes.

It's interesting to share a house with Russ and Damaris plus my parents and sometimes my sister, brother-in-law, and almost 3 year old niece. Things are certainly lively most of the time.

I have really bad self-control when there is candy in the house.

I am devastated that there is no Starbucks in Carlsbad. I really want a pumpkin spice frappuccino. Going from a place with a Starbucks on every corner to the nearest Starbucks being 75 miles away is tough!

I can't figure out why I'm struggling to get the same amount of stuff done in more hours than it took me when I worked full time.

I am anxiously waiting for the arrival of the Dish Rag Tag - Team Knit 1, Win 1's box. That means I have the USPS website up and I refresh it very, very, very frequently.

Russ sent me this blog entry Becoming Weaker & the Power of Powerlessness. Very moving! I encourage you to watch it.

There are at least 3 clocks in this house that play music on the hour. One of them is very confused because it plays Christmas music all the time.

Sleep is still not going well for me. Last night, I woke up pretty much every hour on the hour from midnight on. Took a nap this afternoon. Hope that doesn't mean I won't sleep at all tonight.

I lost almost half a pound this week. I just need to stay out of the candy (see above).

That's about all I can think of. Until next time,

8 comments:

  1. Maybe your body still thinks you a on call so that is why you keep waking up! I hope you get some sleep tonight!!! ((Hugs))
    My recent post My Story – The Beginning

    ReplyDelete
  2. That might be it Jamee. Hadn't even thought about that. I did get some sleep, but still not enough. Hope your trip is amazing! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the link to the Power of Powerlessness video. Weakness as "peace and compassion." Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. im ready for DRT TOO.........

    et some good sleep soon....so much change for you

    ReplyDelete
  5. CC--try to make your own by using pumpkin spice creamer. Won't be perfect, but may take the edge off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by and for your comment Katharine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thought my box would get here today, but no such luck. It should be here Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not that creative LS! If this job comes through for Russ, hopefully there will be extra money & I can check out some of the coffee shops here in town.

    ReplyDelete

I ❤❤❤ to hear from my readers. Please leave a comment.