Sunday, June 5, 2011

Listening Changes the World

I believe we can change the world if we start listening to one another again. Simple, honest, human conversation. Not mediation, negotiation, problem-solving, debate, or public meetings. Simple, truthful conversation where we each have a chance to speak, we each feel heard, and we each listen well.
Margaret J. Wheatley
Turning to One Another: Simple Conversations to Restore Hope to the Future


What would our world look like if we actually had conversation with each other? The art of talking and listening have almost become lost skills. My favorite part of my job as a hospital chaplain is getting to sit with people and hear their stories and many times, I get to tell part of my story as we journey together. I am looking ahead to the future and the ministry I feel God is leading me to start. I think a big part of this ministry will be based around conversation, sharing our stories, and walking our journeys together. I look forward to sharing more as things begin to take shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ❤❤❤ to hear from my readers. Please leave a comment.