Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Our Next Step in the Journey

Update - Just got the phone call in the last few minutes that the situation with our credit report has been cleared up & we are approved to move into the apartment in Houston (Stafford actually). We will load the truck a week from Friday & move on Saturday the 15th. Thanks for your prayers!

Original Post - August 2, 2009 @ 10:51AM
Several people have asked for details about what's going on with us, so I'm writing this as a blog entry, but will most likely also share it via email with those who might not read my blog.

We went to Houston over the last few days. I interviewed at St. Luke's Hospital as was offered a position as a first year chaplain resident for September 1, 2009 through August 31, 2010. I will formally accept via a letter tomorrow, but I verbally accepted when they offered me the position.

We did find an apartment that will work for us. It is across the street from Damaris' school & within 2 miles of the park & ride station from which I can ride the Metro bus to & from work. There is a bit of a snag though. Something that should have been removed from our credit report years ago did not get removed by all 3 credit report agencies. We did not find this out until after 5:00 on Friday night. I will be making phone calls first thing in the morning to try to resolve this.

    Please specifically pray that when I make the phone calls in the morning, this negative item will be able to be immediately removed so that we can have a place to live. Otherwise, we are not sure what we will do for a place to live.


The current plan is to load up the moving truck on Friday, August 14th & drive to Houston on Saturday, August 15th.

Thank you for all the prayers, support, & encouragement as we've been struggling through what we needed to do. I appreciate each of you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ❤❤❤ to hear from my readers. Please leave a comment.