Saturday, September 20, 2014

The Post In Which It's Our 17th Anniversary!



17 years ago today (how can it be 17 years!!!! It seems like just yesterday!), the Hubs and I joined our lives together. On that day, we said these vows: (and yes, I know it says Christie, that's me, I just hadn't started going by my preferred name of C.C. yet)

I Russell take you Christie, today before our family, our friends, and before God, to be my wedded wife. To have and to hold from this day forward in sickness as well as in health, in poverty as well as in wealth, in the good that lights our days, and the bad that darkens our ways. I pledge to be the spiritual leader in our home and to submit myself and our family to the Lordship of Jesus Christ. I vow to be true to you alone until God in His wisdom shall separate us by death.

I Christie take you Russell, today before our family, our friends, and before God, to be my wedded husband. To have and to hold from this day forward, in sickness as well as in health, in poverty as well as in wealth, in the good that lights our days, and the bad that darkens our ways. I pledge to be your helpmate in building our home under the Lordship of Jesus Christ. I vow to be true to you alone until God in His wisdom shall separate us by death.

Who would have known that in these past 17 years, there would be so much sickness, poverty, and bad darkening our ways. Thankfully, the good that lights our days has fair outweighed those difficult times. Here's hoping that year 18 is full of health and that our days are lit with good!

Happy 17th Anniversary Bubba!
I love you the mostest-ostest-ostest-ostest-infity!



2 comments:

  1. Happy 17th Anniversary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
    xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

I ❤❤❤ to hear from my readers. Please leave a comment.