Thursday, September 5, 2013

The Post In Which I Share My Spoons for September


Sharing Our Spoons is a monthly link-up for those of us with chronic illnesses where we support and encourage each other in a holistic way by focusing on five goals each month. The five goal areas are: Physical, Mental/Emotional, Spiritual, Something fun, and BONUS: One thing to get you out of your comfort zone each month. We'll be linking up on the first Tuesday of each month. We'd love to have you join us.



My Goals For August were (and how I did):
1. Physical: Focus on getting at least 8 hours of sleep each night and preferably get to bed by 1am especially with the upcoming time change (we'll be moving 6 hours ahead) with the move which will be a difficult change for me. ~ The time change was actually not as bad for me as I expected. In fact, of the three of us, I seem to be the one who has adjusted the best. Not to say that it has been easy, but it was not as difficult as expected. Out of the last 7 days, 4 of them I got to bed by 1am (and 3 of those nights earlier than that) and I'm averaging 9 hours of sleep each night which seems to be a good amount for me.

2. Mental/Emotional: Finish some current knitting projects that are on the needles and start designing a new pattern so that it can be knit up and published. The design is in my head but I need to work on it. ~ I finished all the projects that were on my needles and I'm almost 50% done with my new design. Hoping to have it to testers this weekend.

3. Spiritual: Restart my weekly Sunday posting of a prayer for the week. As I worked over the last few weeks on revamping my blog, some of my favorite posts to look back at were these posts. So I really want to start doing this again. ~ I've successfully posted a prayer for the week each week for the last 4 weeks.

4. Something fun: Take the time to paint my fingernails and toenails. I always feel better when my nails are painted. ~ I've done this successfully and my nails are looking great. This makes me so happy!

5. BONUS: One thing to get you out of your comfort zone each month: Move to SCOTLAND! If this doesn't get me out of my comfort zone, I don't know what will. LOL! ~ We've moved to Scotland and been here about 1.5 weeks now. We're getting all settled in and are loving our new home!


My Goals For September are:
1. Physical: Being in Scotland now, we are entitled to healthcare through the National Health Service. This month, I want to get registered with a GP (general practitioner) surgery and see what we can do to help me find a new normal with my health. I can already tell a difference with the change in weather (the extreme heat of Texas was very difficult for me) so I hope that we can make things continue to improve.

2. Mental/Emotional: Finish designing my new knitting sock pattern and publish it hopefully by the end of September, but no later than October.

3. Spiritual: Find a new church community here in Scotland. We visited a church this past Sunday. It was very nice and the people were SUPER friendly. There were no kids Damaris' age though and we really want to find a community where she can be active as well. We're planning to visit another church this coming Sunday.

4. Something fun: Participate in the Single Handed Knit Buddy System K2gether. I "met" my buddy yesterday. Her name is Eileen and she's from Ohio. We've discovered we have TONS of stuff in common. We're talking now about what our projects are going to be for the KAL.

5. BONUS: One thing to get you out of your comfort zone each month: Have some new friends over for a meal. It's been a long while since we've had friends over. I'm also getting back into the whole cooking thing (Russ & Damaris have done the cooking for us for most of the last 1.5 years) so I'm a bit nervous. I hope everything goes well.



Your turn! Link up with Jamee here.

2 comments:

  1. so glad to read that the change of climate is helping you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!!!! I have an appointment to see the doctor on Friday, so hoping that helps even more. :-)

      Delete

I ❤❤❤ to hear from my readers. Please leave a comment.