Saturday, January 1, 2011

Welcome New Year - 2011 on lorelaicc.com

So 2010 is gone and 2011 lies ahead of us, fresh, new, clean, with so much potential. I have been asked by several people if I plan to keep going with my year of photos as I did in 2010. As much as I enjoyed it, there were days it got to be a stressor as I struggled to find a picture for the day. Because of that, I have decided I am not going to do 365 days of photos. However, I am going to do 52 weeks of photos. Once (or more) a week, I will post at least one photo (maybe more) that is representative of the week. I think this will be less stress for me while still allowing me to share with yall a glimpse into our lives.

In addition, I have decided I am going to do 52 weeks of gratitude. Once a week, I will be posting a list (maybe one item, maybe ten items, who knows????) of simple gratitudes I have experienced during the week. This is something I have been doing sporadically in my journal, but I want to share with yall, so I will start sharing some of those on my blog. It will help me be more consistent as well.

As for what else the new year holds, I do not know at this point. I might add something else, but at this point, I am excited for what I plan to share with yall in 2011.

As I close, I found this poem and felt it was a very accurate representation of my wish for myself and for yall in this new year. Peace be with you!

Another fresh new year is here …
Another year to live!
To banish worry, doubt, and fear,
To love and laugh and give!

This bright new year is given me
To live each day with zest …
To daily grow and try to be
My highest and my best!

I have the opportunity
Once more to right some wrongs,
To pray for peace, to plant a tree,
And sing more joyful songs!
~William Arthur Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ❤❤❤ to hear from my readers. Please leave a comment.